- Vehicles stored at the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) Impound Facility that are not claimed by the registered or legal owner are sold at our public auction.
- Auctions are held at the long-term City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) Impound Facility, located at 2650 Bayshore Blvd, Daly City, CA 94014.
- Auctions are held every other Wednesday, starting at 10:00AM. Vehicle previews start at 8:30AM (ending at 9:30AM for “Runners”). Auctions are held rain or shine.
- A list of vehicles eligible to be auctioned is posted 10 days in advance at the CCSF Impound Facility’s entrance gate. Please note that vehicles can be claimed by owners and auctions can be rescheduled so checking the list for updates can prevent a wasted trip to the auction.
- Minimum bid is $200.
- Winning bidder is required to provide a $100 cash or credit/debit card deposit immediately upon purchase of the vehicle (paid at the Auction truck). If the customer fails to post the required deposit, the vehicle is resold to the highest bidder. Vehicles designated as L3 on our auction list require a $300 cash deposit.
- An auction service fee is charged for each vehicle in addition to purchase price. This service charge is based on the bid amount covers vehicle handling and delivery, keys, etc.
- Admission is free with valid picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase a vehicle in accordance with section 1550 of the California Vehicle Code
- Vehicles can be removed from the premises only by a licensed driver or via a tow truck.
- Each bidder must display either a valid credit card or $100 cash upon entry.
- Each bidder is allowed one guest (with valid picture ID).
- Must be 16 years or older to enter.
- NO PURSES, BACKPACKS, BAGS, CAMERAS, OR PETS.
- Registered owners are not allowed to purchase their own vehicles.
- All auction attendees shall have an equal opportunity to bid.
By purchasing the vehicle, you acknowledge the following:
- You received all documents the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires for the sale of vehicles and for you to register this vehicle.
- You purchased this vehicle “as is” and all sales are final. No express or implied warranties about this vehicle’s condition exists. No refunds or exchanges on the purchase price or purchase fee are allowed.
- This vehicle cannot be operated without a valid DMV vehicle registration or permit. If this vehicle is operated without valid registration or a permit, you may be subject to penalties and the vehicle may be impounded at your expense.
- The purchase price of the vehicle and auction fee must be paid in full by 4:00 PM the day of the auction. If you do not pay in full on the day of the auction, you forfeit the purchase deposit and the vehicle purchase is void.
- If your vehicle has an appraised value of more than $4,000 (Lien 3) you must remove your vehicle on the 11th day after the auction date. Ask agent for details.
- If your vehicle has an appraised value equal to or less than $4,000, you must remove your vehicle from the impound facility before 5:00 PM on the auction day, or between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM the day after the auction. If you do not remove your vehicle you will be charged daily storage fees beginning 12:01AM the third day. Ask agent for details.
- sales price between $0 – $249.99 = no charge
- sales price between $250 – $499.99 = $127.75
- sales price between $500 – $999.99 = $166.50
- sales price between $1000 – $1,499.99 = $222.00
- sales price between $1500 – $1,999.99 = $288.50
- sales price between $2000 – $2,499.99 = $360.75
- sales price between $2500 – $4,999.99 = $455.00
- sales price $5000 and over = $743.75
AutoReturn auctions are advertised in the following publications:
- San Francisco Advertiser
- San Francisco Daily Journal