The SFMTA is responsible for removing illegally parked and abandoned vehicles from City streets and all vehicles towed by the San Francisco Police Department. Towing helps maximize on-street parking, manage traffic congestion, and maintain clean, safe and functional streets for the public’s use.
For more information, please visit the SFMTA website: https://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/drive-park/towed-vehicles
Resources & Links
- SFMTA Towed Vehicle Information
- Pay Citations Online
- SFMTA Booted Vehicles
- Contest SFMTA Tows
- Contest SFMTA Citations
- Contest SFPD Tows
- First Tow or Low Income/First Tow Reimbursements for Registered Owners
- Low Income discount is only applicable for registered owners. Non-individuals do not qualify.
- If a customer cannot provide documentation at the time of vehicle release, visit website: https://www.sfmta.com/firsttow.
- Towing Fees & Access Notice
- California Vehicle Code
Tow Fee Schedules – Effective 7/1/2019
You must pay all fees for your vehicle to be released.
Towing and storage fees vary for light, medium and heavy duty vehicles. Please search for your vehicle online or call the customer service center to receive estimated fees.
***NOTE: You must pay for your citations separately. Citations associated with this tow, and delinquent citations, are not included in this invoice unless your vehicle was towed for having 5 or more delinquent citations.