- Vehicles stored at the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) Impound Facility that are not claimed by the registered or legal owner are sold at our public auction.
- Auctions are held at the long-term City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) Impound Facility, located at 2650 Bayshore Blvd, Daly City, CA 94014.
- Auctions are held every other Wednesday, starting at 10:00AM. Vehicle previews start at 8:30AM (ending at 9:30AM for “Runners”). Auctions are held rain or shine.
- A list of vehicles eligible to be auctioned is posted 10 days in advance at the CCSF Impound Facility’s entrance gate. Please note that vehicles can be claimed by owners and auctions can be rescheduled so checking the list for updates can prevent a wasted trip to the auction.
- Admission is free with valid picture identification, such as a driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase a vehicle in accordance with section 1550 of the California Vehicle Code
- Vehicles can be removed from the premises only by a licensed driver or via a tow truck.
- Each bidder must display either a valid credit card or $100 cash upon entry.
- Each bidder is allowed one guest (with valid picture ID).
- Must be 16 years or older to enter.
- NO PURSES, BACKPACKS, BAGS, CAMERAS, OR PETS.
- Registered owners are not allowed to purchase their own vehicles.
- All auction attendees shall have an equal opportunity to bid.
- Minimum bid is $200.
- Winning bidder is required to provide a $100 cash or credit/debit card deposit immediately upon purchase of the vehicle (paid at the Auction truck). If the customer fails to post the required deposit, the vehicle is resold to the highest bidder. Vehicles designated as L3 on our auction list require a $300 cash deposit.
- An auction service fee is charged for each vehicle in addition to purchase price. This service charge is based on the bid amount covers vehicle handling and delivery, keys, etc.
- Vehicles must be paid in full by 4:00PM on the auction day, otherwise the bidder forfeits the purchase deposit and the auction purchase is void. No refunds or exchanges. No exceptions.
- Balance of auction purchase (sale price less deposit) may be paid by cash or credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover accepted).
- All vehicles are sold “as is.” Buyer acknowledges that the City and County of San Francisco or its Agent makes no expressed or implied warranties about the vehicle condition, drivability, or its status. All vehicles are unregistered when sold. Lien sale documents are supplied to buyer in order to facilitate registration with California DMV. Buyer acknowledges that the removal of an unregistered vehicle without a tow truck, dealer plate, or moving permit is unlawful and subject to penalties applied by law enforcement.
- After payment, vehicles may be removed from the auction premises through 5:00PM the day of auction or between 8:00AM and 11:00AM the next day, otherwise additional storage charges will accrue.
- DMV law requires vehicles appraised for more than $4,000 to remain at the impound facility for 10 days after the purchase (auction) date. These vehicles are designated as L3 on our auction list.
- sales price between $0 – $249.99 = no charge
- sales price between $250 – $499.99 = $115
- sales price between $500 – $999.99 = $150
- sales price between $1000 – $1,499.99 = $200
- sales price between $1500 – $1,999.99 = $260
- sales price between $2000 – $2,499.99 = $325
- sales price between $2500 – $4,999.99 = $410
- sales price $5000 and over = $670
AutoReturn auctions are advertised in the following publications:
- San Francisco Advertiser
- San Francisco Daily Journal