- How will I find my car?
Where is the Growdon Customer Service Center?X
The Growdon Customer Service Center is operated by Alanis Wrecker Services and is located at 3625 Growndon Rd San Antonio, TX 78227. You may also reach the Center by phone at 210-881-8440. The Center is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What do I need to retrieve my towed vehicle?X
To retrieve your vehicle, you must possess and present a valid U.S. or State Government-issued photo identification and a current insurance (If registration is current) or original title.
Case by Case these following could be accepted:
- A notarized power of attorney
- A court order
- A tax collectors receipt & conforming identification
- Name and address information corresponding to that contained in the files of the Texas DMV
- A current automobile lease or rental agreement executed by the person named in the lease agreement
- The most recent version of a department approved form or electronic version of a department approved form published on the department’s website, tdlr.texas.gov
- Evidence of financial responsibility as required by transportation code 601.051, as an additional form of identification that establishes ownership or right of possession or control of the vehicle;
- “Affidavit of Right of Possession upon request”
Additionally, if you are claiming the vehicle on behalf of the registered owner, you must also possess and provide both:
- A notarized VSF form; and
- A notarized hand-written letter of authorization to claim the vehicle on behalf of the registered owner.
Finally, in order for you to remove the current registered vehicle from the storage facility, the vehicle must be insured and you must possess a valid driver license or be accompanied by someone who does. You always have the option to hire a TDLR certified wrecker service to tow out your vehicle. If in doubt contact a Customer Service Representative at our facility at 210-881-8440.
Who authorizes vehicle tows?X
The SAPD generally authorizes tows for accidents, arrests, recovered stolen vehicles, unlicensed drivers, unlicensed vehicles and special events.
For vehicles towed from private properties (e.g., a private parking lot). These tows are authorized by an agent of the private property and are performed in accordance with the San Antonio Vehicle Code.
If you believe that your car has been towed and is not found on the website, you should call the SAPD at 210-220-1000.
- What does towing and storage cost?
What forms of payment are acceptable?X
For those of you paying at the Customer Service Center, Alanis Wrecker Services accepts:
- Debit cards
- Credit Cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa)
Please note that checks must have the account holder’s full name printed on the check. Further, we do not accept checks over $3000.
Any person may pay for a vehicle release if the registered or legal owner is present at the San Antonio Vehicle Impound Facility Customer Service Center.
What if my vehicle registration is expired?X
If your vehicle registration is expired, you can retrieve your vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly titled, and the vehicle has not been re-registered under a different owner’s name. In this scenario, the vehicle must be towed out as vehicles with an expired registration cannot be driven on city streets.
What if my driver's license is expired?X
You may have vehicle towed from the storage lot utilizing your preferred tow company or a licensed driver can be authorized to the remove the vehicle
- What if I have a complaint?
How do I file a claim?X
San Antonio Vehicle Impound Facility uses multiple safeguards to minimize vehicle damage and personal property loss. However, we recognize damage and loss does occur in a small number of cases. We have a zero-tolerance policy toward missing property and take all claims seriously.
Claims should be filed immediately — while still on our lot, if possible. Please ask a staff member to assist you or you may also initiate a claim on-line. For damage claims submitted online, at least three pictures must be submitted as evidence of the damage.
We are committed to a fast and fair resolution of all claims and respond to all claims within two business days. We determine the validity of all claims based on the type of damage, and the vehicle condition report at the time of tow. We do not tolerate fraudulent claims and will pursue them aggressively up to and including criminal prosecution.
- What happens to unclaimed vehicles?