What is AutoReturn?X
AutoReturn provides the technology platform for the Miami Police Department to dispatch and manage tows.
- How will I find my car?
What do I need to retrieve my vehicle?X
You will need:
· Proof of ownership, or
· Notarized letter from the owner
Who authorizes vehicle tows?X
The MPD generally authorizes tows for accidents, arrests, recovered stolen vehicles, unlicensed drivers, unlicensed vehicles and special events.
For vehicles towed from private properties (e.g., a private parking lot). These tows are authorized by an agent of the private property and are performed in accordance with the local ordinances.
If you believe that your car has been towed and is not found on the website, you should call the MPD non-emergency line at 305.579.6111.
- What does towing and storage cost?
What forms of payments are acceptable?X
The following types of payment will be accepted:
· Cash, money order or valid traveler’s check
· Valid bank credit or debit card
· Valid personal check with the name and address of the vehicle owner or authorized representative
- What if I have a complaint?
- How do I file a claim?
What happens to unclaimed vehicles?X
Any vehicles not claimed within 35 days are sold at a public auction.