What is AutoReturn?X
AutoReturn is a third-party administrator that is contracted to provide tow management software for police-initiated tows in Concord. AutoReturn does not issue citations or perform tows.
- Where is my vehicle?
- Where are the tow yards in Concord?
What do I need to retrieve my vehicle?X
You will need:
- U.S. Government or State Government issued photo identification
- Current vehicle registration card or evidence of title
- Notarized letter of authorization, accompanied by a U.S. Government or State Government issued photo identification and a current vehicle registration card or evidence of title will be required if the registered owner is not present
- Rental agreement
- Company identification for commercial vehicles
- Letters and faxes will be accepted from lien holders, insurance companies and rental vehicle companies
- The required payment for services performed
Who authorizes vehicle tows?X
All police-initiated tows are ordered by the Concord Police Department.
- What are towing and storage costs?
What forms of payment are acceptable?X
Please contact the company that towed your vehicle to find out which forms of payment they accept.
Any person may pay for a vehicle release if the registered or legal owner is present at the time of payment.
What if my vehicle registration is expired?X
If your vehicle registration is expired, you must obtain current registration or a moving permit through the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
What if my driver's license is expired?X
You may either have your vehicle removed from the storage lot utilizing the service of a towing company or you may authorize another licensed driver to remove your vehicle.
What do I do if I believe my vehicle was towed in error?X
Authorization for every tow is made by the Concord Police Department. If you believe your vehicle was towed in error, you will need to contact the Parking Services Unit from 8A to 5PM Pacific Time, Monday – Friday at (925) 671-3259. In addition, if your vehicle has been impounded, you are eligible for a Tow Hearing. Please contact Parking Services at 925-671-3259, Monday – Friday between 8:00AM – 5:00PM for further information regarding Tow Hearings.
What do I do if I have unpaid tickets?X
If your vehicle was impounded for having 5 or more unpaid parking citations, the citations must be paid prior to the vehicle being released. For further information regarding vehicles that have been towed due to unpaid parking citations, please contact Parking Services at 925-671-3259, Monday – Friday between 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
What do I do if my vehicle has a hold on it?X
If your vehicle has been impounded and placed on a hold and you would like further information regarding the impoundment or how to retrieve your vehicle, please contact Parking Services at 925-671-3259, Monday – Friday between 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
- What if I have a complaint?
- How do I file a claim?
What happens to unclaimed vehicles?X
Unclaimed vehicles are disposed of in accordance with all applicable state and local laws.
- How do I pay for my citations?